Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thank you Kimmie

Thank you Kimmie,


Kimmie over at Living in Dallas and Loving It has given me an award! Thank you, thank you! Her posts are great, she shares her cooking adventures, her wine adventures, her food adventures and anything else that comes along. In case you don't know, Kimmie is my favorite niece. It doesn't matter that she is my only niece. She is still the favorite. I love reading about her and her friends. The scary thing is, they have the same fears, adventures and clothes that I had at their age.

First I must list 5 things that I find fabulously addictive:

1. Listening to books.



I love listening to books. The readers are so fabulous. I started listening to books on trips - in the car, on a plane, in airports - then along came the iPod, the best invention ever. The local library can save you a bunch of money. Our library, Harris County Library, as a fabulous online system. I can order books on CD online and when they are ready, I get an email. My branch, The Lone Star College Tomball, is open till 9:30 every night and has a drive up window. What more can I ask for? I load up my books, then I listen while sitting in doctor's offices, waiting in line, on my way to work, at work, while watching TV, you get the picture.

2. Reading recipes.

I don't always make them, but I love to cook and I have a lot of fun reading recipes. I do love making appetizers! Bill and I tend to eat in courses. I'll make one thing and if we are still hungry, I might make us something totally different.


3. Watching Dancing With the Stars.


Bill hates it but I love seeing the dances.

4. Watching movies.




I love all kinds of movies. I can't even list my favorites, since there are too many. But a few are Definitely Maybe, Stephen Spielberg's Taken, Mr. and Mrs. Smith (and I don't even care for Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie), The Incredibles, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Moonspinners. Too many to list. The new movie theater in Tomball has a gelatto bar too!


5. Tea.




I love hot tea. And it has to be good loose leaf tea. And I love anything that goes with tea. Favorite places to buy tea are Teavana, Tea Embassy, The Steeping Room, and Chado Tea Market. I love going to high tea. The best so far is the St. Regis in Austin, second is The Adolphus in Dallas, then the Four Seasons in Austin. The place I want to have high tea is the Fairmont in Vancouver. Places I've had high tea is in Lisbon, Portugal, London, England, and Savannah, Georgia. There is nothing better than going to tea with friends and family to have a nice relaxing afternoon.


Now to share the love with 5 fabulous bloggers:


(Some of these are repeats because I don't know very many bloggers)


1. Ali and Pat at Bumfuzzle. They have a story of sailing around the world in 4 years and now are driving around the world in a 1959 VW bus. They are the nicest, most down to earth couple. Read about their adventures. They don't listen to others, they do their own thing. And what you see if what you get. There is nothing pretentious about them.


2. Amanda at Meet the Joiners. Amanda cracks me up over living in small town Texas after living in Highland Park her early years and Westlake for her middle school and high school years. I think I laughed the loudest early in her marriage when she realized that she needed to buy frozen food last.


3. Allison at Meet the Blogivers is Amanda's twin sister. Her fear of new things reminds me of myself at her age. And listening to the adventures of Wade the Treehugger is very similiar to Bill the Treehugger that I live with.


4. Tom and Amy at Dreamcatcher are a hoot. I especially like Tom's adventures in sewing. He has made some nice covers for his boat cushions.


5. Kimmie my favorite niece. She started all of this.


1 comment:

the blogivers said...

Haha thanks for the award! I love the Treehugger comment, and the part about being afraid of change :)