Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weekend in Calvert and Hearne



After Turkey Day my friend Maryloretto and I decided to venture to Hearne/Calvert/Bryan for 2 days.


I started out at the Bush Library on the campus of Texas A&M University. I am a University of Texas graduate and I have never been to the A&M campus before. I drove past it once in high school on my way to my grandmother's in Louisiana. Then I met Maryloretto at the Wind Dancer B&B. It is located outside of Hearne, TX. If you need to go to A&M for anything, this is is just 20 minutes away off of Hwy 6. It's in the country so it's nice and quiet. Breakfast is fabulous. Denise is finishing her culinary school in December.


We then went to Calvert for lunch. We went to Cocoamoda. They are known for their truffles, but have a restaurant too. They were totally overwhelmed but the food was fabulous. You just can't be in a hurry. Maryloretto had the cassoulet and I had the monsiuer something or another. We split a salad to begin with and it was all excellent.


Next we were off to Messina Hof. We did a wine tasting first and then went to dinner. You can get a dinner for two that includes appetizer, main course and dessert with a bottle of wine. Each person gets to select their own course. The food was excellent. One of the desserts was great the other was OK. This is our dinner at Messina Hof. The wait staff was fabulous.

Saturday morning after our fabulous breakfast, I went to see Twilight. I know it didn't get great reviews, but I enjoyed it. Then Sunday morning I saw Australia. Hugh Jackman deserves the Sexyist Man Alive award.

No comments: